You will need a reservation to visit this summer; here’s how to get one

Reservations to visit Yosemite National Park this summer will open this week. Here’s what you need to know.

If you are visiting between May 20 and September 30, you will need a reservation to enter the park between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Peak-hour reservations become available at 8 a.m. this Wednesday.

They’ll likely sell out quickly, so create an account on Recreation.gov ahead of time. Be logged in and ready to go at 8 a.m. PST sharp on March 23.

“The temporary reservation system will help manage congestion and provide a quality visitor experience while many key tourist attractions are closed for essential infrastructure repairs,” the National Park Service said.

Rush hour reservations

Approximately 70% of reservations for all dates from May 20 through September 30 will be available on Recreation.gov on March 23. The remaining 30% will be available seven days before the arrival date (meaning you can make a reservation for an arrival date from September 30 to September 23).

Reservations are available daily at 8 a.m. PST and are taken almost immediately, according to the park service.

The non-refundable reservation fee is $2, not including the parking lot entrance fee of $35 per car.

Each user can make a reservation for each three-day period. For example, if a user makes a reservation for an arrival on Friday (valid from Friday to Sunday), the user will not be able to make a second reservation for an arrival on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The reservation holder must be in the arrival vehicle and present photo ID at the entry station.

Peak hour reservations are valid for three consecutive days (including arrival date).

If you don’t have access to a computer, you can call 877-444-6777 to make a reservation.

Camping, accommodation or vacation rentals in the park

If you have a reservation for any of the following, you do not need an additional reservation.

You still pay the $35 per car entry fee when you arrive, unless you have an annual or lifetime pass. Your reservation for lodging or camping in the park, a Half Dome permit, or a wilderness permit allows you to enter the park 24 hours a day for the duration of your reservation or for three days.

Reservations of accommodation or vacation rentals outside the park and in communities other than those listed above do not provide access to Yosemite.

If you have a wilderness permit, you can enter the park one day before the date listed on your wilderness permit to stay at a backpacker campground. A Half Dome permit does not allow you to camp in Yosemite.

For any questions or additional information, visit the park’s website.

About Michael B. Billingsley

Check Also

Turkey Leg Hut Cash App Booking Policy Sparks Outrage

She shared a screenshot of the email she received on Twitter and said “Houston, we …