Treehouse rentals are reaching new heights (literally), and these five are some of the best rentals in the U.S.
Treehouse rentals have become increasingly popular and have been all the rage for the past few years, and for good reason. They are the perfect option for living out all of the childhood fantasies of living in the trees while being completely surrounded by nature’s spectacular views. It’s easy to believe in magic and that anything is possible while sipping tea on the balcony of a tree house in the middle of a spectacular forest. Vacationing in a treehouse doesn’t have to mean living off the land or missing out on the usual luxuries of a hotel. There are many options for treehouses in the United States, and they range from rustic off-the-grid options to truly luxurious retreats with a naturalistic flair. So whatever dream you’re after or your travel style, you’ll find some of the best treehouse rentals available here. This is guaranteed to be one of the most amazing and memorable vacation experiences.
Check Out These Amazing Treehouses in Hawaii and Montana
Let’s head first to the tropical rainbow state of Hawaii, off the Big Island. Fern Forest Airbnb is a romantic retreat for a special weekend with your significant other. This secluded treehouse is located a short drive from Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island. It is a tree house made almost entirely of bamboo and located about 15 feet above the ground. There is a steep ladder to access it, so be prepared for an untraditional entrance. However, you will have plenty of privacy in this secluded location filled with tropical green paradise all around.
Next, head to a totally opposite location in Columbia Falls, Montana near Glacier Park. Not only does this tree house have stunning views to look at from the outside, but also inside with full trees protruding through the multi-level retreat. Here you will truly be in and surrounded by nature and the whispers of all the forest creatures. It includes spiral staircases and a terrace to enjoy breathtaking views. This location is also a short drive to Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort or Glacier National Park.
Georgia is also home to some of the most beautiful treehouses
For a charming spot more in between, there’s a romantic treehouse retreat in Trion, GA. This is named one of the most romantic locations for vacation rentals in the entire United States – it truly is a hidden gem. It is situated on 15 secluded acres amid the tranquil Appalachian hills and valleys on the crest of a ridge. This treehouse has not just one but two gorgeous views of Pigeon Mountain. It features a screened-in balcony off the bedroom and a Japanese Ofuro tub located on a separate relaxation station among the trees.
Just a hop, hop, and hop in Blue Ridge, GA is our next luxury treehouse: Canopy Blue. This gorgeous rental is a three-story treehouse that sits on four acres overlooking the national forest. It also has direct access to hike the Benton Mackaye Trail or drive to historic downtown Blue Ridge. This is one of the most luxurious treehouse locations with open deck space for magical views and a fire pit for any outdoor cooking or marshmallow roasting you might be looking for. It also includes a hot tub and enough open space to accommodate six people.
It’s time to hit Vermont
Nestled in the woods on the edge is Bliss Ridge Farm Treehouse in Moretown, Vermont. This peaceful location offers beautiful Instagram views, access to hiking, and plenty of serenity. He is actually inspired by Dr. Seuss, which will be evident by his unique style. It can comfortably accommodate up to seven people and has an open space with five beds, ideal for a large family or a large party vacation. There is a spring-fed pond for swimming in addition to an indoor fireplace, kitchen, and full bathroom. Enjoy a full BBQ, the perfect complement to that delicious camping experience.
Why stay in a treehouse rental?
So why is staying in a tree house superior to all the other rentals you might come across?
- It is an opportunity to disconnect from society and technology. Although these treehouses are usually quite high-tech with amenities like heating, air conditioning, and a fully functional kitchen, it’s a perfect opportunity to disconnect from all the electronics and clear your mind.
- This is a great opportunity to feel like a child and let your imagination run wild like in childhood. Being an adult can be stressful and it will give you a wonderful opportunity to play and relax in the wonderful world of nature.
- There will never be a view from a standard hotel like the one you will find from your treehouse balcony. Stunning nature scenes with the beautiful sounds of nature to relax any lingering anxiety.
- These rentals offer a great amount of seclusion and privacy, with no noisy or disruptive neighbors. Live a complete camping experience away from all the distracting hustle and bustle of social life.
- Generally, these rentals tend to be a better deal – a lot more for your money. It might have a higher overall cost, but in the long run, with what’s offered at these beautiful treehouses, you’ll be fine financially.
So next time you’re planning a trip somewhere, going to your cousin’s wedding, or just want a relaxing vacation, consider staying in a treehouse – the best rentals in the country!